Do you love WordPress? Have experience working with themes, plugins and using them to create custom web sites? Are you self-motivated and hard working? Do you care about making your customers exceedingly happy with your work for them? Great people skills? Join our team!
Web Developer/HelpCenter Engineer
We are currently looking for a web developer to work full time for the WordPress HelpCenter. This position will require:
- an solid knowledge of WordPress (we’ll mentor you if you lack experience in a few areas)
- able to quickly perform operations such as WordPress & plugin installs/upgrades in a wide range of hosting environments
- a good working knowledge of PHP, XHTML and CSS
- a good understanding of how web sites work, how to troubleshoot, etc.
- not afraid to venture into an unknown environment and figure out a solution
- great communication and people skills
- a team and customer-first attitude
- basic system administration skills a plus (comfortable moving around in a *nix shell, directory/file ownership & permissions, etc)
Pay rate for this position is market competitive and will reflect experience.
Remote candidates will be considered with a preference given to those on the West Coast. This is a full time position (30-40 hours/week, initially 90 day contract to hire).
To apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org