Are you looking for Best WordPress Plugins or Most popular plugins which are required for your website or the basic wordpress plugins that you should have.
List of Best WordPress Plugins
Please note that this post will be updated so the list will or may change in near future so please keep visiting the post for updates.
1. YOAST SEO
Yoast SEO is one of the most popular & best wordpress plugins for SEO. WordPress, no doubt, is already technically quite advanced platform for SEO. It was true when Joost wrote his original WordPress SEO article in 2008 (updated every few months) and it’s still true today, but that doesn’t mean you can’t improve it further! Yoast plugin is written from the ground up by Joost de Valk and his team at Yoast to improve your site’s SEO on all needed aspects.
Benefits of using Yoast SEO:
- Takes care of all the technical optimization
- Helps you write better content.
- Yoast SEO asks or recommends you to choose a focus keyword when you’re writing your blog post. It makes sure you use that focus keyword all across the article with right density of the keywords.
- It also helps you improve the readability of the content for your users
While this is a free plugin however they have paid version as well where in you get extra features such as One-on-one email support which they don’t provide on free version. The Premium SEO plugin has several extra features such as including the option to have multiple focus keywords and a redirect manager. It might make sense for you to invest in the paid version else the free version is also good for beginners.
2. Akismet Anti Spam
This is also one of the best wordpress plugins for wordrpess websites. This is a must have plugin for all the wordpress bloggers, if you don’t have this plugin your blog may be filled with lot of spam comments which you would not want to have in your blog. One solution would be to stop commenting on your blog or else you will need such plugin which can filter out the spam comments and get the real ones only in front of you. Although this plugin may filter out some real comments as well but that is worth even after that as you have not option but to use Akismet Anti Spam plugin.
Akismet is also available in free as well paid version whereas the free version has almost all the features and is for use of personal blogs. The paid version has some advance features and is mainly for business purposes.
4. iThemes Security
iThemes Security (formerly Better WP Security) gives you over 30+ ways to secure and protect your WordPress site. This plugin makes your website or blog more secured so that it does not get hacked. There are more than 30000 websites being hacked on daily basis. WordPress sites can be an easy target to attack due to vulnerability of WP plugins or weak passwords or outdated or obsolete softwares.
The plugin has been downloaded by more than 0.8 million users so you can imagine the popularity of the plugin.
iThemes also comes available as free as well as paid version. With paid version you get:
- Two-Factor Authentication – Use a mobile app such as Google Authenticator or Authy to generate a code or have a generated code emailed to you.
- WordPress Security Keys – The iThemes Security plugin makes updating your WordPress keys easy.
- Malware Scan Scheduling – scans your site for malware automatically each day. If an issue is met then an email is sent.
- Password Security – it generates powerful paswords.
- Password Expiration – it will set a max limit for your password to expire.
- Google reCAPTCHA – Protect your site against spammers.
- User Action Logging – Tracks when users edit post, login or logout.
- Import/Export Settings – if you want to set multiple wordpress sites it saves a lot of time.
- Dashboard Widget – a dashboard widget is also available for managing important tasks such as user banning and system scans.
5. iZooto Browser Push
iZooto browser push is a browser notification plugin, so people who have come to your website it offers to subscribe to push notification so that same user can be targeted again when you right something on your blog without having to have user on the website instead.
So it increases the conversion as well as engagement with your users.
This tool is a paid one however a free trial period of 14 days is also available so it is worth the money if you have good no. of users coming in on your website.
6. Open external links in a new window
This plugin external links in new window so it does not hinder the user flow.
7. Thirsty Affiliates
This plugin is used for cloaking URL. I have explained in one of my posts about cloaking. Cloaking a URL is basically hiding the original URL so that your link looks as if it your website’s URL which is redirected to the destination URL but to the user it looks like as if it was your website’s URL which got redirected.
It helps you with SEO as well as better user experience.